- Reading. It adds a whole new dimension to one of my favorite activities.
- Friends. I have found writers, editors and publishers to be some of the kindest, most fascinating friends.
- Adventure. All researched and imagined from a comfortable living room chair. No need to pack or rummage for food.
- A pleasant detachment. When I have an uncomfortable conversation with someone who claims to be a hit man with an abusive father and a fear of needles, I can channel my panic into that part of my brain that takes notes on potential characters. (How DO I always find myself in these sorts of situations?)
- Making people happy. It's just one of the simple pleasures in life to create things other people like.
- Getting paid. Which does actually happen on occasion.
- Challenge. Writing gets easier only right before it gets harder. My challenges are limited only by my imagination.
- Playing God. What's better than that?
- Daydreaming is working. Night dreaming is working. Dreaming is working.
- Fun. Writing is just flat out fun.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Monday, February 4, 2013
Anyway. Like I said, I hope she's okay.
As for me, it's back to writing as usual, and I'm having a blast.
I'm hoping these Snoopy cartoons aren't copyrighted somewhere.
(Yet another reason professional advice would be a good thing.)